Canadian Human Rights Commission Launches Online Complaint Tool - New Website Aims To Improve Service To Canadians
OTTAWA, April 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Starting today, people who believe they have suffered discrimination will have easy online access to a tool to determine if they have grounds for a complaint under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Canadian Human Rights Commission has launched an online complaint assessment tool, an interactive, self-service questionnaire that helps people determine if a discrimination complaint is valid and should be formally filed.
According to its Annual Report for 2012, last year the Canadian Human Rights Commission received over 19,000 inquiries and over 1,500 complaints.
The complaint assessment tool is just one of the new features of the Commission's redesigned website, launched today. The redesign, grounded in a "people first" philosophy, improves accessibility and usability and delivers critical information to all the Commission's audiences with the fewest possible clicks.The web redesign reflects a greater emphasis across government on electronic delivery of information. With its complaint assessment tool, new e-learning projects and tools for employers, and the Human Rights Maturity Model, which provides employers the opportunity to self-evaluate workplace human rights performance online, the Commission is tailoring the delivery of its services to the needs of the public. Newly launched social media initiatives complement this effort. The Commission is among the first departments and agencies in the federal government to unveil websites that conform to new Treasury Board standards for usability and accessibility. You can follow the Commission on TWITTER: @CdnHumanRights. You can also like the Commission on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanadianHumanRightsCommission
SOURCE Canadian Human Rights Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV