SooBest's Guide To Breaking Down Membership Data
Strategize Emails According to Customer Classifications
After classifying the types of users, companies can develop different EDM strategies accordingly.
First, adjust the frequency of mailings, especially for the inactive user groups. If a company continues to send emails at a high rate of frequency, such as twice or three times a week, customers' resentment will only increase, with negative consequences.
Second, draft emails with different products to send more personalized messages to different user groups.Using the four major categories of users for example, SooBest offers these details on how to adjust an email strategy: 1. For users at the bottom of the pyramid, in addition to lower transmission frequency, there are other methods that can be used. First, seize the right time to push emails. Focus on holidays like Christmas, Valentine's Day and others; send a greeting message or a topic of speculation in order to spark user's interests. Second, take the initiative to send gift points, prompting the user with a reminder of his or her username and password. For example, "You haven't logged in for a long time. Your login name and password is... Stop by and see our website's new look!" Emails like these can turn inactive users into ones who open emails. For those users who open their emails but don't click through to the website, measures must be taken to increase their interest in emails. Otherwise, they can easily slide to the bottom of the pyramid. Emails about selling information do not work for this type of user, and care must be taken in email strategies targeting this class. Take home furniture emails for example: Try to avoid the direct introduction of products in the mail, but tell users tips about how to beautify their home spaces and where to place furniture. Such email contents can arouse the desire of the user to click through.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV