LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NAB Booth #SU6202 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI), a leading provider of software-based live and on-demand multi-screen video processing solutions, today announced several forthcoming updates to its Envivio Muse™ encoding and Envivio Halo™ network media processing software products. These new software licensing options have been developed to improve quality, enable personalization of the user experience and facilitate service monetization. Envivio products and solutions can be deployed in the headend or IT datacenter for cloud-based video processing.
Encoding: Envivio Muse Live will be available on the Cisco UCS blade server platform, as well as the HP BladeSystem and Envivio 4Caster™ G4 Intel-based appliance. By combining the CPU strengths of these dense platforms with additional software improvements, channel density is increased: Muse Live is designed to support up to 120 SD channels in the 2RU 4Caster G4 platform and up to 16 HD channels in MPEG-2 or AVC in the future.
Envivio Muse On-Demand will offer better control of video quality thanks to integrated video quality monitoring. This integrated module computes the impact of video compression on a frame-by-frame basis and provides a summary chart, allowing the operator to fine tune compression parameters or automatically reject content not meeting quality metrics.The newest versions of Envivio Muse will support Dolby® Digital Plus™ in all formats for live and on-demand applications, providing pristine surround sound at lower bitrates on any screen. Video processing: The Envivio Halo network media processor is being updated with numerous improvements:
- Just-in-time packaging for non-linear workflows - Support for Adobe® Primetime, the Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) format and Adobe Primetime DRM - Ad insertion and blackout functionalities compatible with CableLabs ESAM standards - Support for additional encryption modes, notably Microsoft PlayReadyHalo enables operators to further monetize multi-screen applications with its dynamic ad insertion capabilities, and new personalization capabilities that enhance the user experience. Halo will be available on the latest generation Envivio 4Caster G4 platform or as software for IT datacenter environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV