Jim Cramer said late Monday morning that investors should " buy GE's stock "right here," and that GE "will be, if I am right, the premier energy service company, after Schlumberger (SLB), in the world, after a few more acquisitions."
"There are all sorts of companies that GE could buy, to make a statement in this sector," Cramer said.
Credit Suisse analyst Julian Mitchell rates GE a "outperform," with a price target of $25, and in a note to clients on Monday called the Lufkin acquisition a "smart strategic fit."
"This deal more than doubles GE's current 5% share in Artificial Lift, giving it ~15% market share once the deal is completed," Mitchell wrote, adding that "the 13.5x EBITDA multiple paid... on 2013 estimates is slightly aggressive relative to other industrial transactions...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV