LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB 2013, booth #N311 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem are demonstrating All Programmable and smarter professional broadcast systems, which employ Xilinx® solutions for video and Smarter Vision applications. Demonstrations include Xilinx's Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE), SMPTE 2022 video over IP, the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC Video & Imaging Kit, and several demonstrations from over a half dozen of Xilinx's Alliance Program members.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #N311
- RTVE 2.1The Xilinx RTVE, developed with OmniTek, targets the Zynq-7045 device running on an OmniTek OZ745 board with a Linux Operating System (OS) running the Qt application and user interface (UI) framework on one processor with a 2D graphics engine running a first person shooter video game all while processing up to 8 streams of 1080p HD video in real-time. The demonstration highlights various compute-intensive video functions simultaneously running on the hardware and software systems. The video system reference design can support up to 8 channels of real-time scaling, de-interlacing and alpha-blending using Xilinx's high performance parallel processing capability.
- The RTVE running on Kintex®-7 FPGAsThe Xilinx RTVE, featuring Kintex-7 FPGAs, allows broadcast equipment designers and manufacturers to quickly implement up to 8 channels of real-time video and image processing related solutions across the acquisition, contribution and distribution segments of the Broadcast market.
- Xilinx's SMPTE 2022 video over IP This demonstration, developed by Barco-Silex, showcases a complete reference design intended for the intelligent transport of video over IP-based networks and showcases transmission of lightly compressed video over a 1 Gbps Ethernet network using JPEG2000 and uncompressed video over a 10 Gbps Ethernet network.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Video & Imaging KitAn image processing pipeline with real-time motion detection implemented using OpenCV libraries processed through the Vivado® High-Level Synthesis (HLS) tool suite that is then being fed into a 1080p60 image processing pipeline that has been built using Vivado IP Integrator (IPI) .
- Barco-Silex – Booth #C4742Demonstration of a Kintex-7 FPGA-based flexible SDI to Ethernet bridge, using SMPTE2022-5/6 IP cores to implement multi-channel High Bit Rate Media Transport over IP networks at 10 Gbps with Forward Error Correction and JPEG2000 compression.
- CoreEl Technologies – Booth #SU10714 Multiple Xilinx-based demonstrations include the simultaneous decode and display of 1080p60 4:2:2 MPEG-2 and H.264 video streams in a single Xilinx FPGA, multi-stream H.264 I-frame 1080p60 4:2:2 encoding and decoding, the encoding and decoding of H.264 I and P frames with very low latency and the decoding of both video (H.264 / MPEG-2) and audio (MPEG-2, AAC-LC, HE-AACv2) in a single device.
- Cube Vision – Booth #N1918 Demonstration of Kintex-7 FPGA-based reference-quality multi-viewer solutions with de-interlacing and scaling, along with its broadcast-quality multiviewing solutions featuring de-interlacing and scaling with frame synchronization, color resampling and triple rate SDI I/O.
- intoPIX – Booth #C4742Xilinx-based demonstrations of their UltraHD 4K JPEG2000 cores and SMPTE2022 JPEG2000 reference applications.
- OmniTek – Booth #N4323OmniTek will demonstrate the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC (Zynq-7045 device) video development platform (OZ745) running the RTVE 2.1 and showing its multi-view processing capabilities with color space conversion, chroma upsample, resize, deinterlacer, video overlay, SDI and HDMI™ video I/O host web page control from the ARM® processor; the other demonstrations include Xilinx-based broadcast test and measurement products for analysis of stereo 3D images, picture and audio quality and physical layer signal integrity.
- Vanguard – Booth #SU11726MRVanguard will demonstrate Xilinx-based hardware acceleration of their H.265/HEVC encoder core.