World's Second Largest Shoe Manufacturer, ECCO, Celebrates 50 Years Of Passionate Shoemaking
"We see the changes around us every day and recognize that ECCO has inherited an obligation to stay competitive and innovative," said Sorensen. "2012 became an exceptionally good year for ECCO, secured by an extraordinary effort by the entire global team along with solid market performance by many successful products."
ECCO HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 1963, the company was founded by Danish shoemaker Karl Toosbuy
- 1984, first fully owned factory established in Portugal
- 1990, establishes ECCO USA - later to grow into the single largest market
- 1991, builds a factory in Indonesia. The site includes both production and a tannery and today is the largest production unit with more than 5,500 employees
- 1993, demand rises and ECCO builds a factory and tannery in Thailand
- 1996, first flagship store opens on the famous Oxford Street in London
- 1996, enters the golf shoe market - today the fourth biggest producer of golf shoes
- 1998, opens factory in Slovakia
- 2002, ECCO goes to Asia
- 2005, production is established in Xiamen, China
- 2008, builds a tannery alongside the shoe factory in Xiamen
- 2011, celebrates 1,000 th store opening at Mall of America, Minneapolis, USA
- 2013, celebrates five decades of shoes with its 50 th Anniversary
About ECCOECCO, a world leading brand of shoes combining fashion and comfort, has built its success on uncompromising quality and innovative technology. ECCO is the only major shoe manufacturer in the world to own and manage every step in the shoemaking process. ECCO employees are the life force behind the products: designing, developing, producing, selling and taking responsibility for every last detail of the brand experience. ECCO is expanding at a fast pace, and today products can be found in almost 4,000 branded sales locations worldwide. However, ECCO's aim has never been to be the biggest - but always to be the best. ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.SOURCE ECCO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV