IBA Group Celebrates 20 Years Of IT Excellence
PRAGUE, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
IBA Group - http://www.ibagroupit.com , an alliance of IT companies with more than 2,500 people, is celebrating its 20 th anniversary. A series of events will be held in Belarus , the Czech Republic , Great Britain , the Russian Federation , and Kazakhstan . The celebration will begin in April in Minsk , the birthplace of IBA Group.
The company's traditions go back to the 1960s. Those were the days when the IT industry of Belarus began growing dramatically. Computer research and computer production organizations, as well as IT education facilities were established. As IBM-compatible computers were produced in the country, local programmers were experts in IBM mainframe architecture.
In the 1980s, people from IBM came to Minsk, the Belarusian capital. At that time, the city was already known as one of the largest IT centers in the USSR because of the computer production facilities and design institutes concentrated here. Minsk supplied 60 percent of the USSR demand for computer production.These developments led IBM to expand into the region with a joint venture with two Belarusian companies, namely the Computer Research Institute and the Minsk Computer Production Association. As a result, the International Business Alliance (IBA) was formed in 1993. However, the joint venture did not last long and IBM withdrew as a part owner of IBA in line with its strategy. IBA went on operating independently.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV