Sixteenth Edition Of The HEC MontrÃ©al Inter-University Trade Exchange Simulation Competition: The Caisse Awards First Prize To HEC MontrÃ©al
MONTREAL, April 7, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - HEC Montréal students earned top honours in the 16 th edition of the HEC Montréal Inter-University Trade Exchange Simulation Competition (SBIU in French), held yesterday on the Parquet of Centre CDP Capital. The winning delegation was awarded a bursary of $2,000 by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec. An HEC Montréal team came in first place with an average portfolio of $1,79 million.
This simulation exercise recreates a financial market's trading activity. It brought together more than 342 finance and administration students from 10 universities. Participants were given the task of trading a fictitious investment portfolio valued at one million dollars.
Participants represented the following universities: HEC Montréal, Université Laval, Université du Québec à Montréal, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, Université de Montréal, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Université de Sherbrooke, McGill University, Concordia University and École Polytechnique de Montréal.
The SBIU is an initiative of the Société de Relations d'Affaires HEC Montréal. It has been made possible thanks to the support of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Ivanhoé Cambridge and CGI, which recognize the efforts and achievements of students with a keen interest in finance and economics.ABOUT THE CAISSE DE DÉPÔT ET PLACEMENT DU QUÉBEC The Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec is a financial institution that manages funds primarily for public and private pension and insurance plans. As at December 31, 2012, it held $176.2 billion in net assets. As one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers, the Caisse invests in major financial markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate globally. For more information: www.lacaisse.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV