Finally, we have this amazingly weird move in retail. There was nothing good about retail in today's employment report. Same with restaurants. Explanation? Well, the companies themselves have said things are fine. They are saying raw costs are better. They are saying that better weather is bringing in customers.
In the end, though, the market's pretty much fooling everyone today. It's breathtaking. The first time I can ever recall that a shockingly horrible employment number didn't cause a precipitous decline.
"They" may seem crazy. But maybe "they" have no other place to go.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Does F5 Blowup Tell Us Much? Posted at 6:46 a.m. EDT on Friday, April 5 F5 Networks (FFIV - Get Report), on-ramp to the Internet, blows up in a spectacular fashion. The government business, a mainstay, is terrible. The telco business is awful. I have to ask, is this really revelatory? This stock has been headed down for months because it is not a cloud play. It is a play on your own internal hardware. And the world is going away from it. How do I know this? Because Facebook (FB) used to be a big client of FFIV, and now Facebook is going virtual. You don't need F5's piping if you go virtual. Now, I know on the call F5 took a real shot at Cisco (CSCO), and Stephanie Link and I will suss that out in an Action Alerts PLUS bulletin because Cisco is a name we are building. You never want to hear anyone lose business to anyone, and we know that F5 took some away from Cisco. The company was mentioned by name on the call. But right now I am saying this is F5-specific. I doubt a soul believes that. But that's the only way I can read it. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long FB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV