RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany (TheStreet) -- Nestled in the picturesque wooded hills of southern Germany, Ramstein Air Base could easily be mistaken for a bustling town in northern Michigan or upstate New York.
From the massive ultra-modern shopping mall to the Burger King (BKW) and the car dealership packed with Ford (F) and Dodge models, Ramstein is 4.6 square miles of America tucked away in the heart of Europe.
A hive of activity, the base is the largest of 12 Army and Air Force sites that constitute the Kaiserslautern Military Community. Some 54,000 Americans live and work within the KMC, as it is known, making the area the largest concentration of Americans outside the U.S.
Given its location, Ramstein is also a crucial hub for evacuating wounded and sick military personnel back to the U.S. from hotspots such as Afghanistan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV