- 4K Video Processing—Altera is demonstrating its 4K reference designs that address the immediate needs of broadcast equipment developers, including downscaling from 4K to fit into existing SD/HD workflows and upscaling from SD/HD to feed 4K displays. These designs leverage Altera's patent-pending edge-adaptive sharpening algorithm, which sharpens the scaled image without distorting details.
- OpenCL —This demo features live video streaming using OpenCL™, and real-time video processing such as Sobel edge-detection and image manipulation, all coded in OpenCL software and running on Altera FPGAs. In addition, this demo uses an Altera's Nios® II soft processor, and enables the power of OpenCL in embedded applications by removing the need for external processor or host server machine.
- Stratix V ASDK—This hardware platform well exceeds the technical requirements of typical professional video end products. With its PCIe Gen3x16 connectivity and on-board resources architected to handle 16 channels of 1080p60 video processing, the platform can be used to derive a myriad of end products, enabling broadcast engineers to rapidly design future-proof solutions to address emerging market needs such as Ultra HD, high-density transcoding for multiscreen, high frame-rate applications, etc.
- Video-over-IP from Macnica Americas—Macnica Americas' SMPTE 2022-1/2/5/6 solution is a complete design for transporting video over an IP network exclusively on Altera FPGAs. The solution lowers the cost of video transport by leveraging Ethernet, so multiple video channels (up to 256) can be moved over a single cable reliably, and over long distances. This demonstration replicates the setup of the VidTrans 2013 official interoperability tests, and features guest exhibitor Jack Douglass, chairman of the SMPTE 2022 interoperability tests.
- Video Compression with intoPIX—This intoPIX JPEG2000 design demonstrates a compact CODEC solution for a full chain of video-over-IP transmission, running on Altera's Cyclone V FPGAs. It features 1080p60 full HD operation with visually lossless compression, low latency, and small IP footprint. The IP cores from intoPIX also feature standard interfaces that integrate with Altera IP cores such as serial digital interface (SDI) and the Video and Image Processing (VIP) suite, making it easy to prototype and customize in the user design.
Altera Showcases 4K Video Processing And Multichannel Video-over-IP At 2013 NAB Show
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts