Why Is There a Person in Your ATM?
"It's actually worked out very well for us, because the in-branch management isn't focused on what's going on behind the teller line," Mecca said. "We were really looking at streamlining and optimizing the teller function."
CFCU reports positive results from the digital shift, including increased sales across its branches as well as a higher rate of turnaround for its tellers. Mecca said that the credit union can also operate with less staff now; since it no longer needs to dedicate personnel to rarely visited locations, each teller's time can be used more efficiently.
All of this comes as no surprise to Greg Kelly, a principal with Deloitte consulting who has specialized in the banking industry for the last 24 years.
"I think that this trend will continue," he said. "A number of banks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV