NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Genesco Inc. (NYSE: GCO) announced today that it intends to voluntarily withdraw the listing of the Company's common stock from the Chicago Stock Exchange. The Company has decided to withdraw its listing from the Chicago Stock Exchange to streamline its operations and eliminate duplicative administrative requirements and costs that result from dual listings. The Company does not believe that withdrawing its listing from the Chicago Stock Exchange will have any impact on the liquidity of its stock. The Company's common stock will continue to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
About Genesco Inc.Genesco Inc., a Nashville-based specialty retailer, sells footwear, headwear, sports apparel and accessories in more than 2,455 retail stores throughout the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, principally under the names Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Shi by Journeys, Underground by Journeys, Schuh, Lids, Locker Room by Lids, Johnston & Murphy, and on internet websites www.journeys.com, www.journeyskidz.com, www.shibyjourneys.com, www.undergroundbyjourneys.com, www.schuh.co.uk, www.johnstonmurphy.com, www.lids.com, www.lids.ca, www.lidslockerroom.com, www.lidsteamsports.com, www.lidsclubhouse.com , www.suregripfootwear.com and www.dockersshoes.com. In addition, the Company sells wholesale footwear under its Johnston & Murphy brand, the licensed Dockers brand, SureGrip, and other brands, and operates the Lids Team Sports team dealer business. For more information on Genesco and its operating divisions, please visit www.genesco.com.
SOURCE Genesco Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV