VELDHOVEN, the Netherlands and SAN DIEGO, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ASML Holding NV (ASML) and Cymer, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYMI) today announce that the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice has cleared the previously announced merger between Cymer and affiliates of ASML.
Clearance of the merger has previously been granted by the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), as well as the Taiwanese, German and Israeli antitrust authorities. Furthermore, Cymer stockholders have approved the merger agreement.
Completion of the merger remains subject to additional customary closing conditions and receipt of approvals under competition laws in
South Korea and
Japan. Cymer and ASML continue to expect the transaction to close in the first half of 2013.
About ASMLASML is one of the world's leading providers of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. ASML has 8,500 employees on payroll (expressed in full time equivalents), serving chip manufacturers in more than 55 locations in 16 countries. More information about our company, our products and technology, and career opportunities is available on our website: www.asml.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV