CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What do IndyCars, steel spiders, dragonflies, lions and motorcycles have in common? Barber Motorsports Park. All of these attractions and more will be featured at the world renowned Barber Motorsports Park this weekend as the IZOD IndyCar Series pulls into town for The Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama.
Quaker Chemical Corporation, an official sponsor and technical partner of Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing (SFHR), will support Josef Newgarden's No. 67 SFHR Dallara/Honda/Firestone entry for the second round of the IZOD IndyCar Series schedule. Despite a hiccup two weeks ago in St. Petersburg, Florida when Newgarden's race was cut short after 50 laps due to a mechanical issue, he is excited to race at the 15-turn, 2.38-mile track at Barber Motorsports Park, one of his favorite circuits on the calendar.
"I love the facility. It's probably one of the nicest, if not the nicest, facility that we'll go to this year for a racing event," he said. "I also love the fans that come to Barber because they are super passionate about not only racing, but IndyCar specifically. It's always nice to go to an event that is so popularly supported by fans."As a Nashville, Tenn.-native, Newgarden calls Barber Motorsports Park his "home track" on the IndyCar schedule. An extra level of excitement will greet him this weekend as many of his family and friends will be in attendance to cheer him on. Newgarden commented, "I really hope to see more Nashville natives down in Birmingham for the race because it is the closest event to my hometown. We hope that we'll produce a result that will make them all proud." During the off-season, Quaker Chemical and SFHR engineers have been working side-by-side to develop custom formulated lubricants and greases designed to withstand the extreme demands of INDYCAR competition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV