HOUSTON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) announced today that E. William (Bill) Barnett, a director of the company since 2006, has informed the company that he has elected to retire from the board after completing his current term, which will expire at the 2013 annual meeting of stockholders of the company. As a result, Mr. Barnett will not stand for re-election at the annual meeting.
Mr. James Chao, the chairman of Westlake's board, said, "We are extremely grateful to Bill for his years of service on our board. Among many contributions, he acted as chair of our Nominating and Governance Committee during a period of growth and challenging regulatory changes. We will miss Bill, and we extend to him our best wishes as he remains active in many professional areas."
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK)
Westlake Chemical Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products with headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company's range of products includes: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC resin and PVC building products, including PVC pipe, windows and fence. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.westlake.com.SOURCE Westlake Chemical Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV