Popular (BPOP) is a publicly owned bank holding company that offers retail and commercial banking services through its main banking subsidiary, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico. This stock is trading up 2.7% to $28.10 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.15 millionAverage Volume: 951,564 Volume % Change: 69% From a technical perspective, BPOP is trending up here right above some near-term support at $26.60 with above-average volume. This stock is also starting to spike back above its 50-day moving average of $27.76, which is quickly pushing shares of BPOP within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if BPOP manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $29 to its 52-week high at $29.78 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BPOP as long as it's trending above today's low of $26.95 or above its 50-day at $27.76 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 951,564 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then BPOP will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory above $29.78, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $34 to $35. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV