Another stock that's quickly approaching a near-term breakout trade is Zynga (ZNGA), which operates as a social game developer with 232 million average MAUs in 166 countries. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up sharply by 49%.
If you look at the chart for Zynga, you'll notice that this stock is just starting to bounce right off its 50-day moving average of $3.26 a share and right above its 200-day moving average of $3.14 a share. The 50-day has also recently crossed over the 200-day for ZNGA, which is a bullish technical signal. The upside volume for ZNGA recently expanded dramatically as the stock gapped back above its 50-day. That move is quickly pushing shares of ZNGA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in ZNGA if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.63 to $4.03 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 36 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then ZNGA will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from last July that started around $5.25 a share.Traders can look to buy ZNGA off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $3.26 or its 200-day at $3.14 a share. One can also buy ZNGA off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a few percentage points below your entry point, or near the 50-day at $3.26 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV