Stanley Martin Homes' 1st Quarter Sales Are The Best In 10 Years
RESTON, Va., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In Q1 of 2013 Stanley Martin not only acquired Charlottesville homebuilder, Piedmont Realty & Construction, they also crushed their 10-year Q1 sales record. In the housing bubble year of 2004 and unexpectedly again in 2010, the Reston based homebuilder sold 112 homes in Q1. In 2013, Stanley Martin beat their previous Q1 record by an astounding 54%, selling 172 homes.
Without a doubt, acquiring a well performing company should increase sales. Piedmont sold a solid 24 homes in Q1, largely contributing to Stanley Martin's final tally. But what accounts for the sizeable increase in Stanley Martin's production and custom homes business in the core metropolitan DC counties?
"Yes, some of this success is surely due to the housing market recovery and our partnership with Piedmont. However, with new home permits up 25% and Stanley Martin's sales up 54%, clearly there is something extra happening within our company," Stanley Martin President, Steve Alloy affirms.Alloy continues, "For one, our homebuyer satisfaction rate for 2012 was over 95% and happy customers drive future sales. Secondly, our land development, construction, and marketing teams are doing an outstanding job with the presentation of our communities, move-in-ready homes, and sales office models – which are the best they've ever been. Also, we have a compelling land position, offering some of the most sought after new home communities and locations in the market and we continue to introduce new home designs that focus on curb appeal, livability, and affordability. Lastly, we have an extraordinary team of sales professionals working to create every one of the 172 sales - I'd put this team up against anyone in the business. In summary, everything is working the way it should at Stanley Martin."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV