DETROIT, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy will present a $100,000 check on Saturday to Habitat for Humanity to improve energy efficiency and affordability to homes in Michigan.
The ceremony is scheduled to take place prior to the Tigers' 4:05 p.m. game against the New York Yankees at Comerica Park.
During the 2012 Detroit Tigers season, Consumers Energy pledged to make a dollar-for-dollar matching donation up to a maximum total donation of $100,000 to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan through its fundraising website at www.homerunforhabitat.org. Consumers Energy is making the same commitment this season.
"The Detroit Tigers are once again proud to support this important initiative that has a positive impact within our communities," said Duane McLean, Tigers' Executive Vice President of Business Operations. "Consumers Energy and Habitat For Humanity of Michigan are valued community partners and the Tigers are committed to raising awareness for such a worthy cause."Habitat for Humanity will use the money to provide affordable and energy efficient housing solutions in more than 70 Michigan counties while partnering with families, corporations and community leaders. "Homerun for Habitat" is part of Habitat's "ReBuild Michigan" statewide capital campaign. "Our long-time partnership with Consumers Energy has been so important to our families because energy efficient homes means money saved," said Sandy Pearson, president and CEO of Habitat for Humanity of Michigan. "We are grateful for Consumers Energy's years of support and service with us, working to bring public awareness to the direct impact and role of energy efficiency in the making of equal affordable homes and programs such as Homerun for Habitat... powering all we do for the betterment of our communities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV