April 5, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced its 2013 Supplier of the Year awards. The winners, along with Sikorsky's 15 current Gold Suppliers, were recognized at the company's recently held Supplier Gold Summit in
Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The winners are:
- Aerostructures Supplier of the Year: Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc.
- Avionics Supplier of the Year: Labinal, Inc
- Blades Supplier of the Year: GKN Aerospace Services Structures Corp.
- Dynamic Components Supplier of the Year: S & L Aerospace Metals, LLC.
- Sikorsky Aerospace Services Supplier of the Year: Triumph Gear Systems – Macomb, Inc.
- Small Business Supplier of the Year: Tyonek Manufacturing Group, Inc.
In addition, Triumph Gear Systems –
, Inc. was awarded the prestigious United Technologies Supplier Gold award. This award recognizes best-in-class performance in quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
, BJG Electronics and TEK Precision Ltd. all received recertification of their Supplier Gold award; BJG received it for the third year and Petsche and TEK for the fifth year. Supplier Gold is the highest level of performance that a supplier can achieve. Petsche and TEK have maintained their Supplier Gold certification longer than any other Sikorsky suppliers.
The 15 Sikorsky Gold Suppliers are:
- A.E. Petsche of Arlington, TX, which was the first Sikorsky-sponsored Supplier Gold distributor to receive the award, in December 2008.
- Arnold-Hanafin, a team-building company specializing in temporary staffing to assist clients in handling excess or special work load. Located in Boca Raton, FL, Arnold Hanafin achieved Gold in June 2012.
- Belcan Corp., an engineering services provider headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, has been at the UTC Supplier Gold level since December 2008.
- BJG Electronics, Inc., a Certified Women Owned Small Business specializing in the distribution and assembly of electro-mechanical products. Located in Ronkonkoma, NY, BJG has been at the UTC Supplier Gold level since September 2010.
- Cherokee Nation Distributors, a Native American owned small business located in Stillwell, OK, achieved Gold in February 2012.
- CPI Aerostructures, a structural aircraft parts and assembly company from Edgewood, NY, achieved UTC Supplier Gold status in October 2010.
- Ducommun Labarge Technologies, a wiring-harness manufacturer from Joplin, MO, achieved Gold in May 2010.
- Exotic Metals from Kent, WA, is a top sheet metal supplier that received the UTC Supplier Gold award in September 2007.
- Faison Office Products, Inc. from Aurora, CO, is a full-service minority-owned office products supplier that received the Gold award in November 2008.
- HW Farren, a leader in industrial trucking services located in Randolph, NJ, was awarded Supplier Gold in May 2011.
- InfoTech Enterprises America, a provider of Engineering, IT, and ACE services located in Hyderabad, India, was awarded Supplier Gold in December 2008.
- Labinal, Inc. out of Denton, TX, achieved UTC Supplier Gold in December 2010 and is currently a supplier for electrical wiring assemblies.
- TEK Precision based in Deer Park, NY, was the first Sikorsky-sponsored UTC Supplier Gold manufacturer, having earned that status in 2008
- TGS-Macomb, Inc. from Macomb, MICH, is Sikorsky Aircraft's newest Gold Supplier, achieving this status in December 2012.
- Timet, a titanium plate stock distributor from Toronto, Canada, was awarded Gold in November 2012.
, Vice President, Supply Management for Sikorsky, and
, Vice President, Quality and ACE, co-presented the awards and reiterated throughout the program how suppliers are a critical component to Sikorsky's product life cycle. Duffey and Piekarz highlighted several suppliers who distinguished themselves in meeting the high standards for delivery and quality and went above and beyond to fulfill the needs of customers over the past year.
Sikorsky acknowledges the efforts these suppliers provide to deliver high quality products in the required timeframe. These partnerships underscore that through successful collaboration, new standards can be achieved in meeting customers' needs.