5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Corporate Office Properties (NYSE: OFC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Owns, manages, leases, acquires and develops suburban office properties located in the Greater Washington DC and other markets. At Dec. 31, 2005, this self-managed real estate investment trust owned 165 operating office properties with 13.7 million rentable square feet and several land parcels. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Corporate Office Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Corporate Office Properties has been 662,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Corporate Office Properties has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Corporate Office Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.21 versus -$1.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.82 versus -$0.21).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $52.16 million or 10.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 38.95%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.20%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OFC's net profit margin of 13.10% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Corporate Office Properties Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV