Congressman Fattah: New Job Numbers Indicate The Economy Is Growing At A Steady Pace
WASHINGTON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA) Member House Appropriations Committee releases the following statement on the latest job numbers.
"The latest job numbers give Americans reason to be optimistic that the economy continues to show signs of improvement. There is steady progress in hiring with 88,000 jobs being added in March, marking the 37 th month of consecutive growth.
"Step by step, the economy is getting stronger, yet, there are millions of Americans still out of work. Before sequestration, there were strong signs the economic recovery was taking hold. However, cuts to government services, resulting in anticipated furloughs means growth will stall. The Congressional Budget Office says by the end of the year 750,000 American jobs will be lost due to sequestration.
"While today's report shows 500,000 have stopped looking for work, one reason for that can be found in a recent study from the Heritage Foundation, which shows that as millions of baby boomers retire, the worker participation rate will drop."There is still much work to be done to get our economy back on solid ground. For the sake of the American people and our economy as a whole, I once again call on my colleagues to put partisan politics aside and let's work together to put people back to work. "Americans understand that recovery won't happen overnight, but they also know that the Obama Administration's economic policies are moving us in the right direction." SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV