NORD To Honor Rare Disease Heroes At 30th Anniversary Celebration
Momentous Event to Highlight Historic Past, Promising Future
WASHINGTON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Honoring heroes of the past and innovators of the future, the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) will host a 30 th Anniversary Celebration for the entire rare disease community on Tuesday, May 14 at the Mellon Auditorium in Washington, DC. This momentous occasion will provide an exciting opportunity to celebrate the history and lasting impact of both the Orphan Drug Act and NORD.
"Since 1983, the rare disease community, with NORD as a unifying force, has built a solid foundation of accomplishment," said NORD President and CEO Peter L. Saltonstall. "We look forward to honoring heroes from all sectors of the community. And we also anticipate an evening that will inspire future innovation as we hear first-hand from patients and families living with rare diseases."
The Orphan Drug Act of 1983 launched a new era in the development of therapies for people with rare diseases. Established by patient advocates at the time the law was enacted, NORD has been at the heart of rare disease activity over the years, working with partners in patient organizations, government and industry to bring meaningful advancements for patients.Honorees for the NORD 30 th Anniversary Celebration will be: For Leadership in Public Policy These awards honor public officials for leadership that has improved the lives of millions of Americans living with rare diseases.
- William Corr, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Honorable Nancy Kassebaum, U.S. Senate, retired
- The Honorable Henry Waxman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Stephen C. Groft, PharmD
- Marlene Haffner, MD, MPH
- Lars Uno Larsson
- Abbey S. Meyers
- Jess G. Thoene, MD
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV