Psychiatric Times Explores Why Psychiatry Needs The Humanities
NORWALK, Conn., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that a newly published special report in Psychiatric Times — the nation's best-read psychiatric publication — delves into how literature, art and other offerings in the humanities can counter reductionism and help psychiatrists uncover each patient's subjectivity and individuality.
The four articles in the Special Report focus on:
- Psychiatry and Art: A Means for Healing and Fighting Stigma. Art allows for critical distance, retrospection, and vast opportunities for individual choice and, thus, may be conducive to an improved self-image and self-esteem.
- Religion, Spirituality, and Psychiatry: Spiritual Assessment and Clinical Care: Why there is a growing trend in favor of addressing spiritual and religious issues in psychiatric care.
- The Humanities and Psychiatry: The Rebirth of Mind: The author writes that science alone cannot answer the question of what it means to be human. He explores the battle for psychiatric knowledge and outlines the dramatic story of the clash of the psychiatric titans.
- Shakespeare and Psychiatry: A Personal Meditation: Hamlet goes under the microscope here: was his insanity real or feigned?
About UBM Medica USAddressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach—online, in print, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, websites, online communities, drug databases, digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Websites include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, MusculoskeletalNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect—which provides marketing services across a number of communities, the largest of which are healthcare, medical device design and advanced manufacturing. UBM Connect also includes UBM Studios, the global leader in interactive digital environments. UBM Connect is a UBM plc company. For more information, visit http://www.UBMMedicaUS.com
Media contact: Jason J. GoldenContent Marketing Manager203-523-7040 firstname.lastname@example.orgSOURCE UBM Medica US
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts