Juneja esitmates Wells Fargo's mortgage origination fee revenue will drop to $8.042 billion this year from $12.200 billion in 2012, but he expects this decline to be mostly offset by other items. These include "1) about $1.2 bil increase in servicing revenues; 2) $0.7 bil decline in putback expenses; and 3) $1.6 bil - $1.7 bil reduction in origination expenses but with a lag," he wrote in a report on Friday.
Juneja expects the company's mortgage putback provisions - money set aside to cover repurchase demands from mortgage-backed securities investors - to decline to $1.225 billion in 2013 from $1.940 billion in 2012.
Factoring in all of the offsetting items, the analyst estimates that the net impact from the declining mortgage volume and gain-on-sale margins to Wells Fargo's 2013 bottom line will be between $334 million and $404 million.
Wells Fargo will kick off bank earnings season next Friday, with the consensus among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters being a first-quarter profit of 88 cents a share, compared to 91 cents in the fourth quarter, and 88 cents in the first quarter of 2012Wells Fargo's shares closed at $37.42 Thursday, returning 10% year-to-date, following a have risen 27% return in 2012. The shares trade for 1.7 times tangible book value, and for 9.6 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $3.89. Interested in more on Wells Fargo? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV