Pennsylvania Governor Corbett Proclaims April As 'Financial Education Month'
HARRISBURG, Pa., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition that financial education is essential to ensure that Pennsylvanians of all ages are prepared to manage money, credit, investments and debt, Governor Tom Corbett today proclaimed April to be "Financial Education Month" in Pennsylvania.
"As our economy continues to improve, it is important for Pennsylvanians to make educated decisions about how to invest and protect their money," Corbett said. "I salute those institutions and agencies committed to providing education and services that will improve the quality of life for Pennsylvanians, provide them with skills for financial success, as well as strengthen Pennsylvania's economy."
In his proclamation, Corbett praised several Pennsylvania initiatives aimed at promoting financial education and literacy:
- Many Pennsylvania banks, which will be participating in "Teach Children to Save Day" on April 23;
- Many Pennsylvania credit unions, which will be participating in "National Credit Union Youth Week," celebrated April 21-27;
- The Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, which will be co-sponsoring a "Money Matters" investor education conference on April 30 in the Pittsburgh region; who, through its Consumer Services outreach, assists thousands of Pennsylvanians each year make informed decisions on financial matters; and through its moneysbestfriend.com website, provides consumers with information about personal money management issues;
- The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, which provides the "Building Your Financial House" program for Pennsylvania renters, homebuyers and homeowners; and
- The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, which is working to improve financial education in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Editor's Note: The text of Governor Corbett's proclamation follows:FINANCIAL EDUCATION MONTH - April 2013 WHEREAS, financial education can help ensure that Pennsylvanians of all ages invest in their future and ably manage their personal finances; and
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts