HAMILTON, Bermuda, April 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. (TSX:TNP) (NYSE MKT:TAT) (the "Company") announced today that, as expected, on April 2, 2013, the Company received a deficiency letter from NYSE MKT LLC (the "Exchange") indicating that the Exchange has determined that the Company is not in compliance with Sections 134 and 1101 of the Exchange's Company Guide (the "Company Guide") due to the Company's failure to timely file its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). In addition, the Exchange asserted that the Company's failure to timely file its Annual Report on Form 10-K is a material violation of its listing agreement with the Exchange.
Pursuant to the Exchange's rules, the Company has until April 16, 2013 to submit a plan advising the Exchange of actions it has taken, or will take, that would bring the Company back into compliance with Sections 134 and 1101 of the Company Guide by no later than July 1, 2013. In the event that the Company is unable to file its Annual Report on Form 10-K on or before April 16, 2013, the Company expects to submit a plan to the Exchange by that date advising the Exchange of actions it has taken, or will take, that would bring the Company back into compliance with the Company Guide by no later than July 1, 2013. The Exchange will evaluate the plan and determine whether the Company has made a reasonable demonstration in the plan of an ability to regain compliance with the applicable continued listing standards by July 1, 2013, in which case the plan will be accepted and the Company will have until July 1, 2013 to regain compliance with the continued listing standards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV