SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GenCorp Inc. (NYSE:GY) today reported results for the first quarter ended February 28, 2013.
The Company provides Non-GAAP measures as a supplement to financial results based on GAAP. A reconciliation of the Non-GAAP measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures is included at the end of the release.First Quarter of Fiscal 2013 compared to First Quarter of Fiscal 2012
- Net sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 totaled $243.7 million compared to $201.9 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $14.0 million, or $0.24 loss per share, compared to a net income of $2.4 million, or $0.04 diluted income per share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDAP (Non-GAAP measure) for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $29.8 million or 12.2% of net sales, compared to $26.2 million or 13.0% of net sales, for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Segment performance (Non-GAAP measure) before environmental remediation provision adjustments, retirement benefit plan expense, and unusual items was $30.2 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013, compared to $26.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Cash provided by operating activities in the first quarter of fiscal 2013 totaled $6.9 million, compared to $18.0 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Free cash flow (Non-GAAP measure) in the first quarter of fiscal 2013 totaled ($2.2) million, compared to $14.4 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- As of February 28, 2013, the Company had $101.4 million in net debt (Non-GAAP measure) compared to $124.3 million as of February 28, 2012.
- Funded backlog was $1,061 million as of February 28, 2013 compared to $1,018 million as of November 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV