SAN FRANCISCO, April 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading social game developer, announced today that John Doerr, General Partner of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, joined the company's board of directors.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17973 .
"John has been a supporter of Zynga since our early days, and truly understands our core values and mission," said Mark Pincus, CEO and Founder, Zynga. "John has worked with some of the most well-known companies in the world at every stage imaginable and his experience helping teams innovate at scale will be a tremendous asset for our leadership team. I'm personally looking forward to working closer with John, a true pioneer in the consumer internet space, and welcoming him to the board as a trusted advisor through this pivotal, transition year. John inspired us all to pursue creating internet treasures. He is a true missionary and will deepen and strengthen our DNA.""In just five years Zynga has connected hundreds of millions of people to their friends for fun. What's exciting is this is still day zero – just the beginning -- of social gaming's potential," said John Doerr, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. "With its deep talent and multi-platform technology, and millions of happy customers, Zynga will engage more of us wherever we play – whether on the web, phones or tablets. I'm excited about working with Mark and the Zynga team in its next chapters of growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV