SAN DIEGO, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MEI Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: MEIP), an oncology company focused on the clinical development of novel therapies for cancer, announced today an underwritten registered offering of 2,030,000 shares of its common stock at a price per share of $7.50. The offering is expected to settle and close on April 10, 2013, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
The Company plans to use the net proceeds of the offering, together with other available funds, to progress the clinical development program for its lead drug candidate, Pracinostat, and for other general corporate purposes.
Stifel and Cowen and Company acted as joint book-runners for the offering. Roth Capital Partners acted as co-manager.The securities described above are being offered pursuant to a "shelf" registration statement previously filed and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Copies of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated, Attention: Syndicate, One Montgomery Street, Suite 3700, San Francisco, California 94104, or by calling (415) 364-2500, or from Cowen and Company, LLC, c/o Broadridge Financial Services, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York 11717, Attention: Prospectus Department, or by calling (631) 274-2806, or by faxing (631) 254-7140. An electronic copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus relating to the offering will also be available on the website of the SEC at www.sec.gov. This release does not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV