WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Get set for 45 days of heart-pounding philanthropic fun at participating Krispy Kreme US locations. Krispy Kreme has teamed up with former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty and the Victory Junction Camp for the fifth annual Krispy Kreme Drive for 45 Campaign. For 45 consecutive days, April 5 through May 19, Krispy Kreme fans can help provide a chronically ill child a life-changing, week-long summer camping experience by making a donation at checkout, or online at KrispyKreme.com.
Founded and operated by Kyle and Pattie Petty in Randleman, North Carolina, the Victory Junction Camp is a non-profit organization that enriches the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses by providing fun, unique and life-changing camping experiences in a safe and medically-sound environment. The number 45 is a tribute to their son Adam Petty, former NASCAR #45 car driver who lost his life during a tragic racing accident in 2000.
Here are a few easy ways to make a donation to the Krispy Kreme Drive for 45 Campaign, April 5 through May 19, at a participating Krispy Kreme location near you.
- At Checkout – Make a $1, $2, $5 or $45 donation at checkout. A paper Drive for 45 certificate will be displayed in-store, throughout the campaign, in recognition of your support.
- "Round Up" – Tell the cashier to 'Round Up' your purchase amount to the nearest dollar. The difference is your donation.
- Tire Banks – Make a pit stop and drop your donation inside a Drive for 45 Tire Bank at your nearest participating Krispy Kreme.
Learn more about Victory Junction, or make an online donation to the Krispy Kreme Drive for 45 Campaign at KrispyKreme.com/Drivefor45.Connect with Krispy Kreme at KrispyKreme.com, Facebook.com/KrispyKreme, or Twitter @KrispyKreme. About Victory Junction: The mission of Victory Junction located in Randleman, North Carolina, is to enrich the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses by providing life-changing camping experiences that are exciting, fun and empowering, in a safe and medically-sound environment. The program offers a week of exhilarating, challenging and nurturing fun under comprehensive, but unobtrusive, 24-hour medical supervision. Activities include arts and crafts, woodshop, an adventure course, archery, swimming, boating, fishing, horseback riding, music and theater, and a special NASCAR-themed program area complete with race cars, racing simulators, and racing gear. Visit Victory Junction at www.victoryjunction.org. About Krispy Kreme Krispy Kreme is an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed ® doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Today, Krispy Kreme can be found in approximately 670 locations around the world and approximately 10,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Visit us at www.KrispyKreme.com. SOURCE Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV