Need To Know This Summer: Car Hire Tips
LONDON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
With the busy summer holiday season coming up, leading car hire comparator 121carhire.com is urging those hiring vehicles abroad to remember some key car hire facts to ensure they do not find themselves making costly mistakes.
Making sure these boxes are ticked through the car hire process will not just protect customers from hidden costs, but could also save people money while ensuring a stress free trip. The top tips derive from the most common mistakes made by consumers as seen by http://www.121carhire.com which include excess insurance and incorrect documentation.
- Excess Insurance - All car hire companies offer excess insurance policies at collection, but these are often more expensive than when booking in advance with a third party. Collision damage waiver cover can be obtained easily online prior to a trip and in many cases will save you money before you even leave.
- Car Checks - Car rental providers should check the vehicle's condition with you when you collect but if they don't, insist. Ensure any minor damage to the car's interior or exterior, including chip marks or damaged paintwork, are noted down prior to you taking the vehicle.
- Incorrect Documentation and Credit Card - Read the small print and make sure you take all the documents they require or car hire could be refused when you go to collect the vehicle. Furthermore, all car hire suppliers will require you to provide a credit card on collection for deposit purposes. This cannot be a debit card and must be in the lead driver's name.
- Fuel Policies - Be clear on your fuel policy and stick to it to avoid costly charges. If you regularly hire cars remember that fuel policies differ so check every time.
- Locally Payable Costs - Items such as Sat Navs and Child Seats will incur costs that can only be paid locally so be prepared to pay a daily rate for these. Also request them when you book, as suppliers often have limited availability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV