Research Commissioned By Bombay SapphireÂ® Gin Reveals Film Studios Are Opting For 'Safe Films'
LONDON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Eighty-three percent of the international film community believes film studios are choosing to 'play it safe' when it comes to producing more imaginative films. This and other findings were revealed in a survey by BOMBAY SAPPHIRE ® gin exploring film-making.
The findings suggest an increased number of studios are opting to commission 'safe films' such as prequels, sequels and book adaptations, rather than producing more imaginative and original screenplays. These 'safe films' have dominated the box office in recent years.
According to industry experts surveyed, film-goers are looking elsewhere for their film fix in the hunt for imagination, 70 percent believe audiences would prefer to see more imaginative films. Over half of those surveyed (57%) claim people are now opting for more independent projects and short films, with the rise of on demand viewing making these projects more accessible and reaching wider audiences.Bombay Sapphire Global Marketing Manager Magali Podesta: "The Bombay Sapphire team commissioned this research to continue the discussion around imagination within the film industry and highlight some of the challenges budding film-makers are facing. We believe imagination is at the heart of all great film-making and simply makes the world a more exciting, better place, so we are committed to sparking people's imagination through our short film competition! ." Bombay Sapphire, the world's fastest-growing major gin brand by volume and value [ 2 ], surveyed more than 700 members of the international film community, made up of industry voices and film enthusiasts on the current issues in modern film-making. NOTES TO EDITORS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV