AllAfrica: Celebrating 'We Are The World' - Today
AllAfrica's reporting for this initiative in 2013 will focus on four areas where enormous progress to save lives is within reach: reducing maternal mortality; promoting food security and child nutrition; fighting malaria, TB and HIV; and eliminating polio.
You can initiate a range of actions to spotlight your own goals through this effort. Among planned actions are choral submissions, celebrity-led community actions, museum-based activities and classroom competitions.
What you can do now:
- Download 'We Are the World' from iTunes, which generates funds for USA for Africa's work. For more information, visit USA for Africa and its Facebook page.
- Visit allAfrica.com to sign up for information about upcoming projects and ways to promote your cause.
About AllAfricaAllAfrica is a pan-African digital pioneer – a voice from, for and about Africa – that has become widely regarded as the leading source of news and information on Africa, with editorial headquarters in Cape Town and offices in Nairobi, Dakar, Monrovia and Washington DC. In cooperation with over 150 African news organizations, AllAfrica posts 2000 articles daily, plus multi-media content from diverse sources. AllAfrica reaches tens of millions of people through allAfrica.com and through agreements with African and global content providers, including African media companies and international information services. About USA for Africa In 1985, the music industry and the world came together in an unprecedented outpouring of generosity in response to a tragic famine in the Horn of Africa. The recording of the original 'We Are The World '(WATW) sold more than seven million records worldwide. The sales generated more than $60 million which has been used to assist Africa and Africans affected by the famine and other critical issues. USA for Africa is the organization born out of this effort. In partnership with African organizations, it continues to focus on opportunities to help advance people and communities in Africa. AllAfrica Contact: Farah Chaudhry < firstname.lastname@example.org> Follow AllAfrica on:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/allAfricacom/98946450029Twitter: https://twitter.com/allafricaYoutube: http://www.youtube.com/user/allafricaglobalmediaGoogle: https://plus.google.com/+allafrica/postsAllAfrica: http://allafrica.com/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV