AllAfrica: Celebrating 'We Are The World' - Today
CAPE TOWN, South Africa and DAKAR, Senegal, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Twenty-eight years ago this month, dozens of popular musicians "checked their egos at the door" of a Los Angeles studio to record 'We Are the World' (WATW) - generating over $75 million for famine relief.
Now AllAfrica and USA for Africa invite you to join artists and entertainers in a two-year initiative in advance of the 30th anniversary of the iconic song, which played simultaneously on 8000 radio stations on 5 April, 1985 and was a number-one hit in both the United States and United Kingdom.
Websites have permission and rights to use the five-minute launch video and broadcasters may use it for radio and television. The video includes interviews with Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Harry Belafonte and Salim Amin, whose father's reporting from Ethiopia sparked WATW.The video is available here. A larger HD broadcast version can be downloaded here. If you notify us that you use it anytime this month, we will prominently credit you on allAfrica.com and through our worldwide distribution network. We will work with you and your institution to facilitate discussions and events around the critical issues facing Africa over the next two years. African artists and thought leaders will spearhead a broad dialogue leading to engagement activities - both on mobile devices and in your communities. Your participation can benefit your operations by
- local and global publicity and greater audience engagement for your activities;
- increased search visibility that builds your brand; and
- association with public-service causes and the celebrities who promote them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV