TORONTO, April 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Alacer Gold Corp. ( "Alacer" or the "Company") [TSX: ASR and ASX: AQG] announces the results of the sulfide ore flotation test program.
Alacer has recently completed a series of flotation tests on sulfide ore from the Çöpler Gold Mine near İliç, Turkey. Tests were conducted on composite samples of sulfide ore representative of the different ore types present at Çöpler. Key results from this test work program show:
- overall gold recoveries of 75% to 80% from a combination of flotation concentrates and cyanide leaching of the flotation tail; and
- potential to further increase gold recovery by optimizing primary grind size.
Further work continues to optimize flotation results, evaluate fine grind leaching of flotation concentrates and to investigate alternatives for disposition of flotation concentrates. The results from these ongoing sulfide test work programs will be released as they become available.
Mr. David Quinlivan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alacer stated, "These latest results confirm the results from previous flotation test work. The results are encouraging in our efforts to maximize the value of the Çöpler operation and in executing our strategic plan for the Company outlined in our February 10, 2013 announcement."About Alacer Alacer Gold Corp. is a leading intermediate gold mining company with interests in multiple mines which provide ore to three processing facilities in Australia and Turkey:
- 80% interest in the Çöpler Gold Mine;
- 100% interest in the Higginsville Gold Operations; and
- 100% interest in the South Kalgoorlie Gold Operations.