Apply To Fly, America! Applications Now Being Accepted For The First-Ever National Red Bull Flugtag
WASHINGTON, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Taking off today and landing on Saturday, September 21 is the first-ever National Red Bull Flugtag, the world's wildest homemade, human-powered flying craft competition. With events taking place simultaneously in Washington DC, Long Beach, Miami, Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth, never before have multiple cities in any country been able to witness true aviation history on the same day.
Beginning today, aspiring aviators can apply at www.redbullflugtagusa.com until June 1. At the end of June, 30 teams, composed of five people each, will be selected to put their ingenuity and courage to the test. They will take the great flying leap off a 28-foot-high flight deck into the water below at each of the five stops this September as they attempt to break the American record of a staggering 207 feet.Past applicants have used inspiration such as their favorite food, pop culture, technology, and mythology, and even attempt to drum up hometown support with crafts based on colleges, sports teams and other elements that their city is famous for. All in the name of testing gravity's limits for the public's entertainment. Red Bull Flugtag, which translates to "flying day" in German, has taken place worldwide for 12 years, entertaining more than 500,000 people annually. National Red Bull Flugtag dares both the brave and brainy to design, build and pilot homemade, human-powered flying machines. This is no ordinary flying competition; teams are not only judged on flight distance but also their creativity and showmanship. Applying to participate in National Red Bull Flugtag is free, and pilots must be 18 or older. For more information, including applications, rules, photos, and video footage from past Red Bull Flugtag events, visit www.redbullflugtagusa.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV