Bernie Madoff: FOREVER
Speaking of Charles Ponzi, Bernie Madoff's name is likewise destined to become an eponym. Soon-to-be-coined idioms like "pulling a 'Madoff'" or "don't 'Madoff' me" will pack a punch for future listeners.
The high-profile circumstances of Madoff's misdeeds will likewise ensure that his name lives on. He was already well-known when his wrongs were revealed. The fact that Madoff swindled bold-faced name investors like Zsz Zsa Gabor, Steven Spielberg and Elliot Spitzer in the heart of a world financial capital will also keep his name in play. Plus Federal Bureau of Prisons inmate #61727-054 is alive, healthy and remains eager to muddy the waters.
Incredibly, as reported in a recent Fox News broadcast, banks and regulators are complicit in his crimes. This action, of course, will only incense these powerful institutions to redouble their efforts to finger Madoff as the guilty "lone gunman." Finally, the dramatic suicide of one of Madoff's sons, his own ongoing status as poster boy for "affinity fraud," endless years of litigation and an upcoming movie starring Robert DiNiro will all ensure that his name evokes strong emotions for decades to come.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV