NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Part 1 and Part 2 of this series speculate as to which of our current businesses icons will be remembered beyond our lifetimes (Mike Bloomberg and Steve Jobs) and which will not (Warren Buffett and Jack Welch).
Of course, not everyone wants to be remembered! Many business immortals would no doubt prefer to be lost to the mists of history. Charles Ponzi and his infamous schemes immediately come to mind.
So today we visit the dark side. Third-millennium business is not for the faint of heart. It's cursed with ill-conceived and ill-intentioned executives who create havoc for their shareholders, stakeholders and, sometimes, the world at large.Which of these unfortunates from the fields of finance, media, retail and, yes, porn will continue to haunt our collective memories, and which reputations will be buried with the disgraced? Agree, disagree -- please post your comments below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV