NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Part 1 and Part 2 of this series speculate as to which of our current businesses icons will be remembered beyond our lifetimes (Mike Bloomberg and Steve Jobs) and which will not (Warren Buffett and Jack Welch).
Of course, not everyone wants to be remembered! Many business immortals would no doubt prefer to be lost to the mists of history. Charles Ponzi and his infamous schemes immediately come to mind.
So today we visit the dark side. Third-millennium business is not for the faint of heart. It's cursed with ill-conceived and ill-intentioned executives who create havoc for their shareholders, stakeholders and, sometimes, the world at large.Which of these unfortunates from the fields of finance, media, retail and, yes, porn will continue to haunt our collective memories, and which reputations will be buried with the disgraced? Agree, disagree -- please post your comments below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV