NEW YORK, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Realty Capital Securities, a FINRA member firm and the largest wholesale broker dealer serving the direct investment industry ("RCS" or the "Company"), announced today several milestones for Q1 2013, including record direct investment equity raised in a single quarter. For the three months ended March 31, 2013, RCS raised approximately $2.5 billion in equity for its platform of direct investment programs, a record for any wholesale broker dealer in a single quarter. In March alone RCS raised approximately $1.5 billion of equity, nearly exceeding the prior record month for the entire industry of $1.6 billion, set in May 2007, according to industry expert Robert A. Stanger & Co.
"We are extremely proud of our securities sales teams composed of approximately 150 associates and more than 300 third party selling group members, as well as the nearly 10,000 third party financial planners and registered investment advisors for their record sales effort in the first quarter," commented Michael Weil, CEO of RCS, on the record-breaking equity raising performance. "Our success reflects the vital importance of what we believe are our industry best practices, strong financial advisor and investor appetite for durable income from our best-in-class platform, and our unrelenting commitment to serving our retail investor base."
RCS's investment banking division, RCS Capital, also enjoyed record performance in Q1 2013:
- M&A Leadership: RCS Capital leads the U.S. REIT industry in mergers and acquisitions for 2013 year to date based on deals closed, according to SNL Financial LC.
- Advised on the previously announced $3.0 billion merger between American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. and American Realty Capital Trust III, Inc. on February 28, 2013.
- Advised on the previously announced $3.0 billion merger of American Realty Capital Trust, Inc. with Realty Income Corp. on January 22, 2013.
- Financial Advisory: RCS Capital was engaged during the first quarter by two unaffiliated companies to act as financial advisor in evaluating strategic alternatives in transactions valued at more than $1 billion.
- Underwritten Public Offerings: RCS Capital co-managed underwritten public offerings of common stock totaling nearly $30 million.
- Capital Markets: RCS Capital continued the substantial pace of capital markets activities set in 2012, where we advised on more than $1.8 billion of debt capital commitments. In Q1, RCS Capital advised on more than $1.4 billion of debt commitments, including $1.35 billion of unsecured debt.