4. First Solar, Inc. ( FSLR): Manufactures and sells solar modules using a thin-film semiconductor technology. First Solar restructured its business successfully, concentrating only on large, profitable contracts. In February, management forecast weak second-half results. The company is also targeting a book-to-bill ratio of 1. In 2012, the ratio was 0.8.
5. SunPower Corporation ( SPWR): A vertically integrated solar products and services company that designs, manufactures and delivers solar electric systems worldwide for residential, commercial and utility-scale power plant customers.
Other Solar Power Companies
6. Trina Solar Limited ( TSL): An integrated solar-power products manufacturer based in China with a global distribution network covering Europe, North America and Asia.7. LDK Solar Co., Ltd. ( LDK): Engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of photovoltaic (PV) products; and development of power plant projects. The Company's products include Polysilicon, Solar Wafers, Solar Cells, Solar Modules and Solar Farm Projects. 8. JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ( JKS): Engages in the manufacture and sale of solar power products in China and internationally. JKS has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain from recovered silicon materials to solar modules. Its principal products are silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules. More Charts: Interactive Chart: Use the Turbo Chart to compare the stock performance of SPWR and FSLR against the performance of the S&P 500 Index (SPX):
Written by Chris Lau, KAPITALL Contributor
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts