TSX-V TRADING SYMBOL: CEC
VANCOUVER, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Compliance Energy Corporation ("Compliance" or the "Company) is pleased to announce that its subsidiary, Compliance Coal Corporation, on behalf of itself and its joint venture partners, I-Comox Coal Inc. (a subsidiary of Itochu Corporation of Japan) and LG International Investments ( Canada) Limited (a subsidiary of LG International Corp. of Korea) has received correspondence from the BC Environmental Assessment Office that its joint provincial application for an Environmental Assessment certificate ("Application") and its Federal Environmental Impact Statement ("EIS") for the proposed Raven Underground Coal Mining Project (the "Project") on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been received in full and that the 30 day screening period has commenced April 4, 2013. As the 30 day period deadline falls on a day that is not a regular business day, the deadline day will be May 6, 2013.
After this initial screening review is completed and if the Application is accepted it will be posted on the Government of British Columbia's Environmental Assessment Office website at www.eao.gov.bc.ca and the formal 180-day review period, as outlined in Provincial Legislation, will commence. After the review period, it will be considered by the Ministers for an Environmental Assessment certificate (a statutory 45 day process). Please note that these dates may be extended at any time upon the request of the Ministries. The federal government will coordinate the review of the EIS over a six month period running in parallel with the province.
About Compliance Energy CorporationCompliance Energy Corporation is a mining exploration and development company. Our primary holding is our interest in over 31,000 hectares of coal rights on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, where we are focused on developing the Raven Underground Coal Mining Project of which we are operator and hold a 60% interest. The remaining 40% is owned by I-Comox Coal Inc. (a subsidiary of Itochu Corporation of Japan) and by LG International Investments ( Canada) Limited (a subsidiary of LG International Corp. of Korea). The Company also holds a number of mineral exploration properties totaling over 24,000 hectares on Vancouver Island, BC which are 100% owned by the Company, some subject to certain royalty requirements. Our shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol CEC and investor information is available on our web site at www.complianceenergy.com. On behalf of the Board of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV