Integrity Review Initiated For State Vendors Named In PA Turnpike Investigation; PennDOT To Rebid IT Contract With Ciber
HARRISBURG, Pa., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett has directed his Office of General Counsel to oversee an integrity review of Denver-based Ciber, Inc.
This exceptional review of business and marketing practices was initiated after a former Ciber official was charged as part of grand jury presentment alleging criminal irregularities in the awarding of contracts with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
The governor has also directed a comprehensive review of the business practices of all other vendors named in the Turnpike Commission investigation.
"Given the disturbing allegations raised by the turnpike investigation, we will carefully review these vendors to be certain that they meet the highest standards for ethical business operations," Corbett said. "It is imperative that vendors who perform services for the commonwealth clearly establish the integrity of their personnel and their procedures in order to demonstrate that any business relationships are in the best interest of the taxpayers of Pennsylvania."Additionally, PennDOT today announced that it will rebid an $8.6 million contract for information technology (IT) recently awarded, but not fully executed with Ciber. The $8.6 million Ciber contact was issued for IT project management services for more than 100 ongoing PennDOT projects. PennDOT expects a new contract to be awarded in approximately four months but does not expect the delay to impact its IT systems. Media contact: Kelli Roberts, Governor's Office, 717-783-1116 Nils Hagen-Frederiksen, Office of General Counsel, 717-346-4463 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV