Ring In Spring By Using Unique Potato Types To Create Colorful, Nutrition Packed Dishes
DENVER, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring means warmer weather, flowers starting to bloom and more time spent outdoors, so why not ring in spring by adding light and healthy new potato recipes to the dining table? Chef and Registered Dietitian Katie Cavuto Boyle stars in the US Potato Board's " Seven Potato Types" educational video series and has created two new potato salad recipes perfect for the season. With seven unique potato types – Russets, reds, yellows, whites, purples, reds, fingerlings and petites – you can use a new type every night of the week!
To view the multimedia content, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/60495-potato-goodness/
"Potatoes are a nutritional powerhouse," says Katie, a USPB " Real Mom" ambassador. "That's why I like to use different colorful potato types as the base for light, spring salad dishes and then top with additional in-season veggies to round out a fresh, natural side dish."In addition to starring in the Potato Types video series, Katie created two flavorful new potato salads perfect for serving at springtime get-togethers or for an easy weeknight side:
- Kale and Potato Salad – Petite potatoes and kale work together to create this nutrition-packed dish with more than 500mg of potassium and 190 percent of your daily value of vitamin C in a single serving! The combination of Greek yogurt, gorgonzola and walnuts ensure this salad tastes as good as it sounds.
- Spring Potato Salad – Fresh baby peas and arugula combine with grilled red potatoes make for a colorful and seasonal favorite that you'll want to serve well into the summer months. Lemon juice, Dijon mustard and a sprinkle of mint top this crisp salad off with a kick of flavor.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts