2013 South Florida IT Hiring Shoots Up - 64% Of IT Leaders Plan To Hire
BOCA RATON, Fla., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to two just-released surveys by Boca Raton-based Information Technology (IT) search and staffing firm, PROTECH, IT budgets and salaries continue to increase while employers show increased concern about losing key technology staff.
Average 2013 IT budgets increased to 11% from 10.2% in 2012. The 11th Annual Tech Leadership survey also revealed 64% of Tech Leaders plan to increase IT staff this year (up by 22% compared to 2012). And 53% of Tech Executives are concerned about losing top IT talent.
The top reason continues to be compensation with a 67% response (up from 58% a year ago) followed by lack of career path. "Demand outpaces supply for many key tech career disciplines which drives the higher salaries," stated Deborah Vazquez, PROTECH CEO.Employees received an average 2012 pay increase of 5%, up from the 3% they received in 2011. "Many of our clients here in South Florida and other markets we serve are struggling with retention and unwelcomed turnover due to sharp increases in temp contract rates and salaries," said Vazquez. "This valuable local IT market data shows how strongly our region is trending. I'm pleased to see strength in IT budgets and job market conditions in South Florida," said Linda Gove, SFTA Executive Director. PROTECH surveyed over 750 IT Director to CIO level executives for its 11th annual Tech Leadership Survey; and over 18000 IT professionals for its 9th annual Tech Talent survey. All participants are located in Florida's Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties. Additional survey highlights: Economic Outlook: The number of Tech Executives who perceive the current health of the overall economy as "Getting Stronger" this year was 60% versus 56% in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV