Free Webinars From BetterInvesting Beginning In April To Teach Investors How To Compare And Successfully Invest In Mutual Funds
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As part of Financial Literacy Month, nonprofit organization BetterInvesting is offering a free series of webinars that kicks off April 18 to help investors learn how to compare and successfully invest in mutual funds.
The All About Mutual Funds series is designed to help the more than 90 million Americans who own mutual funds in their retirement and other portfolios understand how funds work and what they need to know about them. Investors of all experience levels can learn about:
- the different types of mutual funds,
- an impartial, third-party approach for evaluating funds,
- identifying key principles for using funds in retirement accounts, and
- guidelines for selecting the best mutual funds.
The series begins on April 18 with the class "Getting Started: An Introduction to Mutual Funds," followed on April 25 by "Making Money With Mutual Funds." The May 2 class will cover exchange-traded funds. The series concludes May 9 with a session discussing bond funds. During the live sessions, participants can have their questions answered by BetterInvesting's expert educators.
The featured presenters are:
- Allen Holdsworth, president of the BetterInvesting Volunteer Advisory Board, founding director of the Illowa Buy States Chapter of BetterInvesting and a retired broker/financial planner.
- Christi Powell, a Certified Financial Planner and assistant director and teacher of the Heart of Oklahoma Chapter of BetterInvesting.
- Kamie Zaracki, CEO of BetterInvesting, the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering investors.
- Doug Gerlach, president of ICLUBcentral, a leading provider of stock analysis software and investing tools and Editor-in-Chief of the Mutual Fund Informer mutual fund newsletter.
- Dennis Genord, director of education and chapter development at BetterInvesting, where he heads up the development of its Mutual Fund Analysis Tools and related education programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV