We spoke to Domino's CEO Patrick Doyle today and that company's more of an international company than ever and business sounds quite strong, hence why the name didn't come off the actual Buy list. Chipotle? I wonder if Food with Integrity ever goes out of style and that's what's cool about the Mexican chain.
More importantly, I think these upgrades are going to look very smart a few months from now because the raw costs, everything from gasoline to grains, are coming down right now and all of these companies are incredibly good at productivity and cost control.
This group's been a real underperformer of late. Right now the market wants to embrace those stocks that have underperformed, as opposed to many of the first-uarter winners, which are getting hammered. I think they have once again become go-to places when we get foreign-related selloffs as these are domestic security growth companies and that's the stock antidote to the Japanese, European and Chinese central bank irrationality that's playing out just now. And remember, we aren't a poor nation, we aren't a frugal nation, we remain a nation of spenders and going out to dinner's always been in our DNA, especially when we're feeling good about ourselves, which is what happens when our stocks are up and our houses no longer going down in value.Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV