Investment In Transformation, Commitment To Taller Wood Buildings Welcomed By Forest Industry
OTTAWA, April 4, 2013 /CNW/ - The Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is pleased with today's announcements by the Government of Canada under the landmark Investments in Forest Industry Transformation program as well as its commitment to market development and taller wood buildings.
The Minister of Natural Resources, Joe Oliver, announced $19.5 million dollars in IFIT funding towards five projects worth a total of $70 million. He also announced $10.9 million for the Expanding Markets Opportunities Program.
"It is crucial to have the government as a partner to develop first commercial demonstrations of promising technologies for forest products companies. This will help us reach our Vision2020 goal of producing an additional $20 billion in economic activity from new products and diversified markets by the end of the decade," says the President and CEO of FPAC, David Lindsay.
Under IFIT, Millar Western Forest Products of Whitecourt Alberta will get $6.75 million to help develop a waste-to-energy technology that will generate green energy from pulp mill effluent. Tolko Industries in Meadow Lake Saskatchewan will get $4.9 million as part of its goal to become the first facility in North America to produce specialty and commodity-oriented strand board on one production line, while enhancing quality and performance of the final product."These projects represent the potential outlined in the Bio-Pathways and Construction Value Pathway studies led by FPAC. Forest product companies can innovate by using wood fibre to produce bio-products such as green energy, or to manufacture value added lumber products such as reinforced wood and prefabricated materials," says Lindsay.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV